Week ending January 8, 2021
From Dr. Hancock
1. Next week – Going Green!
- All face-to-face learners will be in school Monday through Friday as we return to the green instructional phase.
2. Very Important Reminder: It is imperative that you contact me (email@example.com) before reaching out to your child’s teacher regarding a non-quarantined child and his/her current educational option. If your student is taking a sick day from school he/she will not be learning that day via Zoom. Please contact me with questions.
3. Please reference this document for updated information you would receive if your child(ren) required being quarantined. If you were to receive this individually, the specific dates would be included. This is being shared to address some of the questions and concerns we frequently receive.
4. Next Friday, January 15 is an early dismissal day
- Elementary students are dismissed at 1:40pm.
5. Monday, January 18 – Teacher Inservice Day/No School for Students
6. Smile! Picture Retake Day is January 28
- Face-to-Face and Remote Learners are able to have a picture retaken. Remote learners will come to Nitrauer between 2-3:30pm on this early dismissal day. Please enter through the doors near the gym/auditorium on the side of the school. Parents will wait outside of the school and all students entering the building must wear a mask. Please bring your original photos to retake day.
- To order pictures go to mylifetouch.com and use picture day ID: 7MKFK6TVE
7. Please remember to send in a healthy snack (no nuts, please) for your child each day.
8. Valentine’s Day
- Due to our health and safety plan Valentine’s Day will look a little different this year. Students will not be able to give out valentines to each other, but we will plan for other ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in the classrooms.
- Stay tuned for alternatives for valentine celebrations.
9. We need your help! The PTO has the following openings:
- Virtual Bingo Night – Organize and lead our Virtual Bingo Night (or other game) via an online platform, with help from current event chairs.
- Virtual Talent Show – Seeking an individual with experience in digital production to help create an online talent show, with assistance from the current event chair.
- For questions or to volunteer, please contact Angela Salabsky at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our next virtual PTO meeting is Tues, Jan 19 at 7:00 pm. Here’s the zoom link: https://mtwp.zoom.us/j/94040030787