Hello, Nitrauer Families!
Thank you for your continued support and presence this school year!
Today’s newsletter has lots of important information. Please take time to read carefully. I am looking forward to “seeing you” on zoom for our Back to School Night next Tues, 9/15. See below!
Back to School Night
This year we will be having a Zoom Back to School Night on Tuesday, Sept 15 from 6:00-8:00pm. You will be able to tune into sessions and hear from your child(ren)’s teachers about what they will be learning and working on this year. You will be sent a schedule of teacher names and zoom links, and will be able to see/hear the teachers. For now, mark your calendar and be ready for more details!
- Opener: 6:00-6:25 – Dr. Hancock
- Session 1: 6:30-6:55 – Classroom teachers
- Session 2 – 7:00-7:25 – Classroom teachers (same session as above repeated) /Specialists
- Session 3 – 7:30-7:55 – Specialists (same session as above repeated).
- For our Back to School Night Links and Schedule:
USDA Extends Summer Food Services Program: All Breakfast & Lunch Meals FREE for K-12 Students Now Through December
- The USDA has extended the Summer Food Services Program through December 31, 2020, which means that breakfast and lunch meals for all students K-12 will be free from September 14 through December 22, 2020. Students who are attending school in-person may receive a free breakfast and/or lunch meal each day in our school cafeterias. Remote learners and MTVA students may also receive the free meals.
- Join us on Zoom for our Tues, 9/22 at 7:00 for our first of the year PTO meeting! https://mtwp.zoom.us/j/94040030787 (this will be a recurring link).
We are continuing PowerPacks this school year. For information on the program and to enroll, click here.
Do you miss volunteering in our schools?
We need your help! Every school year we hire support staff in a variety of departments within our schools — Classroom Aides, Paraprofessionals for Special Education Classes, Food Services, and Custodians. This year is no different.
If you would like to help out in our schools and get paid to do it, this may be the perfect way for you to fill the void and become involved.
With the uncertainty of the different phases of the school model over the course of the year – these positions offer the flexibility to make your own schedule. The district has established the opportunity for job sharing, so you can work in any position on the days you desire, and perhaps share a specific day with someone else (ie. you work in the morning and a partner works in the afternoon).
Please reach out to our MTSD HR Director, Katherine Ward, and she will discuss next steps with you! Email – HR@MTWP.net / Phone – 717.569.8231
- Instructional Assistant for English Learners Program
- FT and PT Custodians
- Food Service Assistants
- Building Aides
- Library Assistants
- Paraeducators (Autistic/ Emotional/Life Skills/Learning/Multiple Disabilities Support)
Enrollment is STILL OPEN at Bucher Elementary for the Pre K Counts Program run by Owl Hill Learning Center
Pre-K applications are available via this link on the MTWP website: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vho5B7peNtDWOIsS8iKKliM1cUFlV76hC5EB7yfKuWE/viewform?edit_requested=true.
All questions or inquires regarding the application process and program
should be directed to:
Owl Hill Learning Center
Julie Mathers, Educational Director
The first Nit Note winners of the school year!