Dear Nitrauer Families,
We have an update and a reminder for you. Please read carefully as these will affect your child’s(ren’s) school schedule this week.
On Wednesday, 11/25/20, the PA Department of Health adjusted the travel order. To clarify the impact of the change on students, we have captured the amendment to the Order with three points:
Impact to families:
- Students who are age 11 and under are not held to the quarantine or COVID test protocols – these students are cleared to return to school on 11/30/20.
- A clarification to the Order was made for those who traveled out of state and returned in less than 24 hours; these individuals are exempt from the quarantine and COVID testing protocols.
- Students (and staff) who are age 12+ are still held to the quarantine or COVID test protocols.
To see the complete Order, visit this link https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx for more information.
Last week MTSD sent you information that K-4 students will be learning in the “yellow” or hybrid model for this upcoming week–Monday, Nov. 30 to Friday, Dec. 4.
The “yellow” hybrid model means that students are assigned to Group A, Group B, or Group C and they are to report to school face-to-face or by remote learning only on certain days. Here are the specifics of how the week will look:
- Group A–Students with last name starting with the letter A-L.
- Group A will attend school face-to-face on Monday, Nov. 30 and Tuesday, Dec. 1.
- Group A will learn from home (remote learning) on Wednesday, Dec. 2 and Thursday, Dec, 3.
- Group B–Students with last name starting with the letter M-Z.
- Group B will learn from home (remote learning) on Monday, Nov. 30 and Tuesday, Dec. 1.
- Group B will attend school face-to-face on Wednesday, Dec. 2 and Thursday, Dec. 3.
All students in Group A and Group B will be remote students on Friday, 12/4.
- Group C–Students in the following classes: AS, ES, LSS, and MDS
- Group C will attend face-to-face all week, Monday, Nov. 30 – Friday, Dec. 4.
When your child is remotely learning, he/she is expected to zoom in at the assigned times (according to the
Seesaw schedule) as they did the week before Thanksgiving. Your child’s teacher will be teaching some students face-to-face and others remotely at the same time. If you are unsure which group your child is in and when they should report face to face or learn remotely, please contact your child’s teacher via Seesaw.
Please see below for a table explaining the next few weeks of MTSD’s instructional schedule:
Instructional Schedule for K-12 Buildings
|Week of||Plan Status||Grades K-4||Grades 5-6||Grades 7-8||Grades 9-12|
|12/7/20||Tentative (Subject to Change)||Green||Yellow||Yellow||Yellow|
|12/14/20||Tentative (Subject to Change)||Green||Green||Yellow||Yellow|
|12/21/20||Tentative (Subject to Change)||Green||Green||Yellow||Yellow|
|12/28/20||OFF (Holiday Break)|
|1/4/21||Tentative (Subject to Change)||Yellow||Yellow||Yellow||Yellow|
|1/11/21||Tentative (Subject to Change)||Green||Yellow||Yellow||Yellow|
|1/18/21||Tentative (Subject to Change)||Green||Green||Yellow||Yellow|
|1/25/21||Tentative (Subject to Change)||Green||Green||Green||Green|