From Dr. Hancock
Hello, Nitrauer Families,
I hope you had a great week! I had the pleasure of visiting many classrooms–both remote and face to face–this week. Seeing students learning, smiling, and positively interacting with their teachers and peers was certainly a highlight of my week! Another highlight was students stopping me at arrival (vs. the other way around) to tell me a sentence for the word of the week (“patience” this week) for morning announcements.
Here’s some important information and upcoming events:
Monday, January 18 – Teacher Inservice Day/No School for Students
Smile! Picture Retake Day is January 28
- Face-to-Face and Remote Learners are able to have a picture retaken. Remote learners will come to Nitrauer between 2-3:30pm on this early dismissal day. Please enter through the doors near the gym/auditorium on the side of the school. Parents will wait outside of the school and all students entering the building must wear a mask. Please bring your original photos to retake day.
- To order pictures go to mylifetouch.com and use picture day ID: 7MKFK6TVE
Picture Day Schedule
- Kdg: 11:00-11:15
- 3rd Grade: 11:15-11:30
- 2nd Grade 11:30-11:45
- 4th Grade: 11:45-12:00
- 1st Grade: 12:15-12:30
- Remote Learners: 2:00-3:30
Very Important Reminder: It is imperative that you contact me (email@example.com) before reaching out to your child’s teacher regarding a non-quarantined child and his/her current educational option. If your student is taking a sick day from school he/she will not be learning that day via Zoom. Please contact me with questions.
Please reference this document for updated information you would receive if your child(ren) required being quarantined. If you were to receive this individually, the specific dates would be included. This is being shared to address some of the questions and concerns we frequently receive.
Due to our health and safety plan Valentine’s Day will look a little different this year. Students will be giving each other virtual Valentines.
Your child’s teacher will provide you with more information.
We need your help! The PTO has the following openings:
- Virtual Bingo Night – Organize and lead our Virtual Bingo Night (or other game) via an online platform, with help from current event chairs.
- Virtual Talent Show – Seeking an individual with experience in digital production to help create an online talent show, with assistance from the current event chair.
- For questions or to volunteer, please contact Angela Salabsky at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our next virtual PTO meeting is Tues, Jan 19 at 7:00 pm. Here’s the zoom link: https://mtwp.zoom.us/j/94040030787
Nitrauer’s New Counselor Corner!
Resources from Mrs. Weaver, Nitrauer’s School Counselor
This Virtual Calming Room was created for our Nitrauer Knights as a place to explore, enjoy, and learn new techniques for managing emotions. It is just one of the many ways we are here to support you.
Each week or so we will have information, quotes, resources, and/or links for families from Mrs. Weaver.